1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFO Attention to server and employees

Discussion in 'News' started by ricktop, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricktop

ricktop Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Best players of MineMensia Network.

In this post I would like to bring some things to attention on the situation in the server and behind the server.

Right now I can tell you that we are working hard with the server and that our best Owner Michiel is busy with the new Factions and Survival and that we try everything so fast and well as possible. I have noticed lately that there is still a lot of messages from people coming from various sides and topics here. I have found that many people are unsettled by the long time. And I've heard people say that they find that there are too few staff and they often are not active, therefore I would like to bring attention for the following. I personally feel that the people show little understanding and respect against the staff and employees and that the sociality at some of the people pretty is being watered down.

I understand it right that you are tired of waiting, but you have to understand that the server is on and game modes make needs time and well, also because in the time of Pete not a whole lot is done in the background. There beside I find that one also need to understand that the Staff not 24/7 online and also their private lives and that they work voluntarily and now with a smaller team are preliminary. For the server is not easy and carries a great responsibility. And I find that people who have more must go see and therefore also respect for The people who for you guys in. We are at the moment busy for you guys. I think that the people should understand that well and that people well and respectfully with each other and opposite employees and what to be patient it takes time after all. I hope you will see better now.

This post was written for the all employees of MineMensia Network.

Best regards: Owner/builder Ricktop.

novaskin-minecraft-wallpaper.png

2. LeCC

LeCC Mark Meijer

Good luck on the server, guys. I lost hope during Pete's time as owner, especially his last weeks before he left. But I believe in you. Heard many positive stuff (barely negative) about you, I hope it's true.

Probably offtopic;
    Let me address the current situation (regarding MM) from 2 sides:

I agree that players have been ignoring the rules lately (including me). I respect the current staff, I never didn't. But the team simply needs more members, to maintain all the gamemodes. Players are mad/pissed/any word about the fact that there is too little amount of staff to control 200+ players daily. Obviously I ruined my chances, and thus I won't apply anymore. Furthermore, there are some rules players aren't happy about. Such as changing name (I base this off things that happened, I don't know if this became an official rule). Few weeks ago 2 players changed their nicknames, and both got permban on both accounts. One of them got unbanned, on his old nickname. I haven't heard anything off the 2nd player. Why is it like it is now? I'm just wondering. Next is the swearing. While I got 5 warnings for swearing, how come I won't get a mute, but instantaneously get 5 days ban? A mute would be efficient enought, isn't it? Please don't see this as a form of attack on you, I just want to know this. Thanks.

#2 LeCC, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    ricktop likes this.
  3. GGThunder

GGThunder Staffmember
    Staff Member Moderator

ricktop and axelpro like this.
  4. pizzamaxlover

pizzamaxlover One of the oldest members

been playing on this server for 1 year & 10 months.... The community was great, respectful, not many hackers until the release of Skywars and Eggwars when the server started having more players and more hackers.... The problem isn't the server, it's the community. The punishments are too light and the players take advantage of that, to change this is no easy task therefore the server must change some of the rules that it's had for such a long time now!

5. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

Advertisment first time punishment has been bumped up to 1st time perm ban
    Cross teaming punishment has been bumped up from kickable to banable (Referring to 1st time offense)
    Farming kills in eggwars is now a punishable offense (Was mistaken it was always punishable)
    Telling someone to shut up can get you muted for 3 days
    Hacking is 1 week ban
    Hell people have been permanently banned just for CHANGING THEIR NAMES which is something mojang themselves added to minecraft

Tell me again how the punishments are light? The fact that the staff team doesn't take proper care of alts is the REAL issue look at GetBanned. How many alts does that hacker have? Hes become a kind of a celebrity on Prison.The staff team has failed to take care of this person it takes days if not weeks for the staff team to figure out that this person is an alt it isn't like this person hides it either I've seen him going around saying "hey remember me? its getbanned the guy that got Nextie banned" every time they ban him he comes back and still SOMEHOW gains access to his old items so getting banned does nothing to this person. Thats just one example of many. What you've said is completely unreal and off from reality

Also Thanks alot for making me break my "trolling" character

#5 boymeme, Apr 1, 2017
  6. xiFrosty

xiFrosty xiFrosty the winter boy

The server needs staff

menrodrigo likes this.
  7. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

No, No it doesn't 4 helpers 1 admin 2 owners should be enough to take care of a community. Running a server? different story but 4 and 1 admin helpers are more than enough to keep order if they actually pay attention

8. GGThunder

GGThunder Staffmember
    Staff Member Moderator

about getbanned

this person created dozens of accounts and uses vpn
    so you tell me how get this person after he got banned dozen of times as well
    we are not here to constantly ban one person who creates a lot of accounts because he has nothing else to do
    there is more to do for the staff than hunting one guy

about bans

people dont know our banprotocol and this is not visible for players
    yes the first time using hacks is indeed 7 days
    but as i said only the staff knows the protocol

9. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

Yeah the staff and me Its not THAT hard to figure out if you actually pay attention. Was just correcting a misguided person so now about GetBanned

Notice the keypoint I had there
    GetBanned is nothing without his equipment. Want to get rid of this person? First restore the community's faith in you that you can protect them people befriend hackers these days because they don't want to loose their items ect. Second as I mentioned he is nothing without his equipment just clear his plot before banning him and eventually he'll just get tired of having to get new equipment every time he gets banned. Especially in prison since he uses his equipment to balance off with mcmmo then overpower players with his hacks. This has happened before if you pay attention to what goes around in prison you would have noticed that GetBanned took a break from MM after Jordieio like i suggested took away his equipment and banned him. After that GetBanned only came back after MCMMO reset on prison since he could easily over power people without mcmmo and equipment didn't matter too much in that scenario

Sidenote: Yes you ARE there to ban the same person again and again and again until he stops coming over that is literally your job description taking care of hackers. If an admin said what you just did I would have understood yeah that person is an admin he/she probably has other stuff to do. But Helpers and Moderators are there literally for MODERATING AKA BANNING PEOPLE THAT BREAK THE RULES NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES THEY BREAK THEM. I am sorry but this argument is ridiculous. How you became a helper with that mentality is beyond me

#9 boymeme, Apr 1, 2017
  10. GGThunder

GGThunder Staffmember
    Staff Member Moderator

we are not here only to ban constantly one person
    there is many more things to do for the staff
    so yeah this discussion doesnt make any sense
    and if you want to get him banned there is the option to report the players on the website

axelpro and xiFrosty like this.
  11. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

You ARE here to ban people that break rules if its only one person repeating the same thing over and over again so be it that does not excuse your incompetence. Being a staff member is a social service if you feel like you can not keep up with banning one person over and over again then leave. But do not change the job description just to suit your own needs. You are just a moderator your entire job revolves around moderation there is nothing else for you to do (as a moderator ofc) other than that

12. xiFrosty

R u kidding only?? me or all the server?? are you crazy??this is not enough at all the staff members are not robots so we need lots of staff u know

13. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

How many servers have you been a staff member on Frosty? none? I thought so unlike you I have experience as a staff member you don't need 10 people to moderate a server with 500 people. Yeah staff members arent robots but you know what you APPLY for staff member its a SOCIAL SERVICE if you cant handle paying attention to the server then you are welcome to drop out let someone who can afford being active to take your place. I am sick and tired of you idiots using the "staff members arent robots" argument. Yes they aren't they are humans but that does not excuse the fact that the APPLIED for moderator out of their own free will they had the CHOICE now that they are moderator or helper it is their duty to be active on the server. I've seen a staff team of 5 people 2 owners and 3 moderators manage a server of 1000 users on average so your argument is completely invalid.

14. xiFrosty

Haha so funny you lots off people if u want to play in good server
    I bet that u were the worst staff member ever

15. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

I am sorry but your stupidity goes beyond my understanding I rather if you dont talk about things that you do not understand not that there is anything wrong with that wait till you get older eventually you'll understand my point

axelpro likes this.
  16. pizzamaxlover

well take me for example, I changed my username about a week ago, REPORTED myself to ban my old acc, and they told me they won't transfer my donator rank which I PAID for...

17. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

Fun fact back thats actually a new added rule they have transferred Donor ranks for people in the past take BioKiller101 for example he had his rank transferred to GoldLover and then back to BioKiller101 so you know its always fun changing rules without telling your playerbase something totally everyone would be satisfied with and definitely not a sign that the staff team is failing at doing it job

18. pizzamaxlover

Well it's not fun for someone to pay money and then lose it just cause he decided to change his name...

19. boymeme

boymeme Active Member

Was being sarcastic mate I'll give you some advice since your a premium user stick to donating only on premium servers since they are a bit more "flexible" about the entire name side of things

20. pizzamaxlover

we should not continue getting this thread out of topic as in it may result in getting punished

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.