1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ex Staff Stories 5: Adventure 1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TK_Neebles, Jan 8, 2017.

1. TK_Neebles

TK_Neebles Ex-Staff, The War Eagle

This one is a tough one for me to talk about. It is a tale of a good friendship turning sour and in a bad way and it developed into a very tough situation for me on the server. It caused me many problems and caused many harmful rumors about me. For it me to properly develop it, it will be a multi part story and labeled as an Adventure series. That is the reason for the delay as well as christmas, new years and uh lots of adult beverages being consumed. Many apologies.

So in my days as a helper , this was roughly three months into my career. I would play on survival. I played for long times and I knew the community there closely, now i dont due to me being dragged around everywhere and not being able to play for long times any more. I saw the community and how it changed and how it molded and adapted. Being a staff I would help create events like shop openings, talk about plans, throw parties and do buildings and hiring for material diggers and searchers to make the shop. While i played mostly in survival, I would make friends with everyone possible. There was a new player who joined, his name was Belvita ( not his real name, and yes i know it is a breakfast biscuit company). He seemed nice and so i greeted him, tried to make him feel welcome to the community which seems to be a dying tradition on the server now. He was nice back, he liked pvping and playing with other people, but mostly action packed things like adventures and exploring which is something i liked to do. We became friends quickly, but after a while he became too close.

Another thing, as a staff member, you get exposed to is abuse. People will call you names and provoke you just to get a response and get muted and banned. They think its funny to be mean and get their kicks from it , but papa don't play no games. You insult me, i either throw it back at you or if it just includes swear words, anything related to family or disease or anything serious i wouldve muted and or banned if more serious. However this friend Belvita didn't like seeing me playful incite these trolls to give me more ammunition and more reason to ban them. He would swear and insult them and insult their families with disease, threats of killing their families or telling them to kill themselves. Those being serious things and not something that we want on the server I would have to give formal warnings in chat. It eventually got to the point where people would abuse me just to see Belvita retaliate and each time like clockwork he would do it. It got so serious that I started to give warnings on the system and mutes to stop him from saying the stuff. This was all in the span of a week of him joining.

Belvita stopped hanging out in the survival server because of people provoking him as well as him finding it boring because of no pvp there, he wasnt one to build or go mining. He then went to prison to pvp and do quick mining and interact there. That is when the Belvita vs Weetabix (also not real name and also a cereal, I am in the mood for breakfast stuff ok?) drama started happening.

They were like mongooses and snakes, sevipers and zangoose, cats and dogs. They would not get along at all. It would all be calm and if one even spoke it would spark some fustercluck discusion about how bad the other one was at pvp. They would screenshot and video and report each other for hacks and bad behaviour so much that everyone on the staff team knew that if one of them made a report that without looking at it who would be in it. I still remember one of the reports where Belvita literally said "shut up you noob" and got reported because of it XD They would take their drama to factions, survival to get me to tell the other one to stop, everywhere. They would not stop XD It eventually led to Belvita thinking things were onesided because of how he would get more punishments because of it. This eventually started causing the drama which will be discussed in the second part of the story which will be discussed after Ex Staff Stories 6: Behind scenes drama.

Anyone of the old community will know who these two are now and can guess where things head as these are true events, please don't name and shame. Leave it annonymous as it is better.

2. thienbao860

thienbao860 Potion Wizard

So... @TK_Neebles? That time is it hard to control them?(2 players you talking about)

3. thienbao860

Wish you can create Ex Staff Stories: Life of the Moderator :p :h:

4. TK_Neebles

It is always hard to control people, I mean look at eggwars.

If its arguments, it is easy to sort out. You just follow a simple set of instructions: Listen, Question, Sort. Listen: you listen to both sides of the story as well as from the bystanders so that way you can see unbias sides of the story as well as both bias sides. You question to see if they stick to their story or change it, or if they are confused to see where and find out how to help out. Sort: you come to a final conclusion and either punish or formally sort it out.

However if it is an argument that is extremely heated they might get muted for a few minutes to calm down the chat and possibly the players as well. If they do remain calm after the few minutes then nothing else is needed. If not the argument gets investigated and then sorted out properly. However that is very rare.

The two players i talked about, Belvita and Weetabix, they were uncontrollable except for weetabix now. He now follows the rules and seems to be penitent about his previous actions. If the two were in the same server then fights would erupt without question. It would skip all sort of talkings and just get mutes to calm them down but would never work, even after multiple discusions with them in private and giving them wonderful advice.

5. TK_Neebles

life of a moderator is coming up, there are some events that happen inbetween :p

thienbao860 likes this.
  6. 14th

14th /a/

I dont know why I'm liking this series welp
    Gonna expect that "Life of a Moderator"

thienbao860 likes this.
  7. a_new_hunter

a_new_hunter Founder & ex-owner/ Wizard/Developer

"Life of an Owner" 0_0

Kind regards,

a_new_hunter

NORIS, thienbao860, 14th and 2 others like this.
  8. thienbao860

9. pizzamaxlover

pizzamaxlover One of the oldest members

Next time on ex-staff stories: pizzamaxlover, the guy noone knew what he was doing...
    Tune in next week!

10. thienbao860

You weren't a staff... :p

And if it did......
    ....replace it into 'ex-staff member' xD

#10 thienbao860, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  11. thienbao860

TK wasn't a owner just yet. How can @TK_Neebles know how is the feeling of owner? :p

12. a_new_hunter

Tk wasn't. But I was. ;)

Kind regards,

a_new_hunter

Rammo12123, pizzamaxlover and Ralph like this.
  13. thienbao860

This is TK's story..not yours :p

14. a_new_hunter

So? Don't get the point you're trying to make. Because it's tk's story. I can't make a parody of his quote. :p

Kind regards,

a_new_hunter

15. thienbao860

Parody? Isn't that your story is will becoming with TK?